Thursday, November 16, 2017

Guilding 101, Part 2: Daily Activities

Some time ago, Ryer wrote a post titled "Guilding 101," which outlined how to Produce Raid Tickets by spending energy. Today, I'd like to continue the 101 theme, so to speak, by writing a walk-through of how I usually take care of my Daily Activities, which, of course, includes reaching the Personal 600/600 Daily Raid Tickets goal. And by "usually," I mean I'm usually crunched for time during any given day, especially when running alts while, say, overseeing Territory Battles, too. So, your fearless guild leader wants to show you how to do practically all of your dailies in roughly 5 minutes!

The main key to speed is to structure a routine that you'll fundamentally repeat each day. So, I check Guild Activities first thing when I log in:


This screen lets me know where I'm at. For example, it looks like I hit 318/600 before I finally went to sleep the night before. I'll also note that the Next Activity is Hard Mode Battles. Like in the game of chess, thinking ahead in SWGoH will help you plan. After I've made my 5 second mental note about tickets and the next Guild Activity on our slate, then I work the room.

The first table I visit is the Squad Arena. Sometimes, I'll play an arena battle manually. At other times, I'll let Auto Battle do the dirty work. Since I'm crunched for time, though, I usually enter a battle then immediately Forfeit, especially if I haven't dropped from Rank 280 to Rank 500 overnight! Even when you Forfeit, you're given credit for entering the battle. Later on in the day, when I find the time, I'll manually play a few. And, as we'll see, I'll do the same in the Fleet Arena, but we're not ready for that yet.

The next step in my routine is to pop a free Bronzium Data Card in the Store, as well as buy gear with credits in Shipments. Then I hit my first two Daily Challenges. Because of my level, I can quickly Multi Sim these battles and go about my day. Even if you don't have access to Multi Sim yet, I highly suggest you manually sim Daily Challenges.

Next, structuring a routine is made simpler for me by having a main project to work on. For awhile, that project was gearing and modding my Phoenix squad while leveling them up to 7*. When I finally had a 7* squad, my new project was to do the same with the CLS squad, which is comprised of the 5 characters necessary to earn Commander Luke Skywalker. To date, all the characters are well geared, modded, and leveled to 7*, save for Old Ben who still needs a handful of shards. So, my next daily project is to power up a Nightsister squad. Ladies and gents, I give you the very handy-dandy Inventory filter:


Because my inventory is cluttered, I'll use the character filter to show me only Nightsisters:


So far, not a bad group of characters. But not great, either. When I finally reach this screen, the first thing I do is hit LS Hard and DS Hard nodes for shards. In this case, it's Talia for LS and Old Daka for DS:



 Because my Acolyte is still wobbly, I'll spend my Cantina Energy on her shards:


I Sim all of these battles. Next up are Mods. As you can see above, I'm currently working on modding Mother Talzin. When I finally have her at 6*, I'll then level her to 85 and start to use her in GW. For now, though, I'll take a look at what I've got in my Mod inventory, since I just spent all my Cantina Energy:


Hmph. A lot of nothing I need! So, I quickly nudge one of these Mods from Lvl 1 to 2, then go about my next order of daily business. Namely, it's now time to visit the Ships table, where I'll sim daily Ship Challenges. I'll also enter and forfeit a Fleet Arena battle as quickly as possible. Now that I've done the minimum for Ships, I head over to Galactic War and Auto Battle my first node at 4x speed with a predetermined suicide squad. 

What's a suicide squad, you ask? Well, it's a squad that might win, and it's also a squad that you care absolutely nothing about. Valar morghulis, baby. Let them die. Just as long as you ultimately win the battle posthaste. Such squads are excellent, by the way, for the final two nodes of GW. Send in a suicide squad to die. Who cares?! They'll soften up the enemy before you enter with your main squad. This strategy tends to work like a charm. 

Anyway, at this point I'm 600/600 on my Daily Raid Tickets since I started with a bump from the day before. The only Daily Activity that I have left to finish is my second Squad Arena battle, and I've usually about 4-5 minutes remaining on the refresh clock. Yes, everything I just outlined took less than 5 minutes! 

And, while I'm waiting for the Squad Arena to refresh, I'll do other things. 

Now it's back to Ships, specifically to give the Fleet Arena Store a peek to see if there's anything I need. While I'm there, I'll scroll through the header bar to see if there's anything I need in any of the other stores. Since I just used all my Cantina energy -- and because Nightsisters are my current project and I need Old Daka shards -- I'll check the Cantina Battles Store first, then the Guild Store, and so forth down the line. Once that's done, it's time to check in with Guild Exchange, which, surprisingly, many players tend to overlook. 

While I'm at the Guild table, I'll also check in with the current Pit Raid and/or Tank Takedown, if only to see how badly Budder is kicking all our asses! I'll manually play these battles later on in the day or evening when I find the time. If the Squad Arena clock hasn't refreshed yet, I'll visit the Events table to give a gander. Endor Escalation Heroic Battle? That's a big nope on the Murder Bears for me, thanks! 

The next and final step is to take care of that second Squad Arena battle and finish my dailies for the day. Aaaand here's the Prize Box:  


Now, multiply the rewards in this box by 7! Completing Daily Activities every day of every week not only helps the guild produce Raid Tickets, but it lines your pockets, too.

And, at this point, I can take my time, go get eaten by the Rancor in a Pit Raid, kill my way through GW nodes, get blown to space dust in the Fleet Arena, and so on. Maybe I'll spend some time examining my Ships to determine the next ship I want to level up, or maybe I'll revisit my Nightsisters to see if I can spend more energy on gearing them up. At this point, my dailies are done and I can take my time to wander around and do whatever, whenever. While some lower level players have slightly different Daily Activities requirements -- leveling up a ship each day, for example -- the premise is essentially the same: Set up your own routine and find about 10 uninterrupted minutes a day to follow it. A cake walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment